We’re a collective of individuals rooted in the belief that challenge can be a springboard for growth.
This form of intentionally facilitated post-traumatic growth (PTG) activates certain virtues, possibilities, and leadership values that no other type of self-growth can trigger.
The Special Forces Experience (SFE), founded by Former JTF2 Assaulter Jeff Depatie, is a community made of a collective of individuals rooted in the belief that challenge and adversity can be a springboard for growth in all aspects of life. While there will always be strong individual voices, we believe that none of us is as strong as all of us.
True success comes from synarchy – collective co-creations among groups of leaders who develop farsighted and innovative approaches to evolve systems that just don’t work anymore. The SFE is committed to building communities that honor integrity, wisdom, service, and personal growth through in-person events, virtual community-building platforms, online education, and cinematography.
What drives us?
While we may exist in one of the most cordial times in modern history, our communities today are faced with some of the most complex challenges of our time. Our communities are consumed by concerns over an antiquated education system, childhood obesity, economic uncertainty, political unrest and other seemingly uncontrollable forces. People are stressed, confused, anxious – they’re on edge.
When we think of leadership in times like this, you might traditionally look to the magnetic individual leader who can guide us through the chaos. But today’s effective leadership has made a shift from this dynamic leader individual toward a shared responsibility of smart, integral, and motivated individuals within a social system.
While there will always be strong individual voices, we believe true success will come from collective co-creations among groups of leaders developing far-sighted and innovative approaches to the systems that just don’t work anymore.
We believe that by facilitating intentional PTG in an expertly crafted warrior experience, high-performing individuals can expedite the activation of the highly sought-after qualities similar to those of today’s special forces operators.
WHILE WE COME FROM DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS AND HAVE DIFFERENT MORALS AND VALUES, WE COLLECTIVELY DO NOT REPRESENT:
- Any specific political polarity
- Any specific views on the personal ownership of firearms
- Any specific views on the world’s militaries
WE DO NOT SUPPORT AND WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE:
- Training for the purposes of creating or aiding a civilian or foreign militia
- Looking for a leg up on any SF selection
- Looking to reteach what they’ve learned to their own organization
- Members of hate groups or individuals who identify with organizations rooted in disdain for other cultures, societies, or communities
If we suspect any hint of ill intention like the ones mentioned above, we will report you to the appropriate authorities.
Meet the Cadre
Humble humans doing great things.
Former JTF2 sniper/assaulter
Depatie is the co-founder and the Chief Course Architect of The Process. His vision is to identify superior non-military men and bring them together to see if they collectively can solve some of the world’s biggest issues from the ground up.
“Being a tier one operator, I’ve had to make decisions and carry out policy that may not have been the popular choices but certainly what I believed to be the necessary choices. While I don’t believe all decisions our governments make are morally correct, I know I’ve carried out unpopular missions for the greater good – the tough ones. The ones you don’t hear about. The debate of what makes a man a ‘good man’ is certainly one of morality. And since morality is tied to differing individual values, I define him as one who has the far-sightedness to serve the greater good of humanity on a micro and macro scale and not one that chooses to serve the popular decision.”
Depatie is committed to maintaining peak physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual shape – in addition to constantly improving the courage it takes to will that strength. For years, he’s been building his skills in the following crafts:
- Human Optimization Processes
- Elite-Team Selection
- Tactical shooting: Depatie has taught pistol, shotgun, carbine, and long-range shooting to incoming tier-1 operators. He was a part of the sniper unit that has the current world record for longest confirmed kill at 3.5 km (2.2 mi)
- Martial arts training in multiple disciplines: MMA, karate, combato, defendo, and spears
- Skydiving and paramotoring: With multiple qualifications and course completions for each
- Piloting aircrafts: Private, IFR, float/sky racing, general purpose bushcraft
- Professional driving: On/Off road and multiple ATV variants such as UTVs, dirt bikes, and on/off road motorcycles
- Open water scuba and diving
- CCNA/CCNP Cisco Certified Network Professional
- >50 confidential military courses and qualifications
Depatie has spent years of his life in deserts, jungles, extreme cold, and other hardly inhabitable geographies. He also co-founded Meraki Collective, a coworking space designed to help revitalize a failing small town in Ontario. He has been a student and a seeker of adventure and human possibility. In the words of Master Yoda, “failure the greatest teacher there is.”
Podcaster & Shadow Work Educator
Jessica Depatie is a shadow work educator, plant medicine apprentice, and the host of Shadow Work Library.
She specializes in the decision-making psychology of what makes individuals pursue greatness. She dives deep into the why’s and hows of growth in the journey of living happier and healthier futures. Jessica is often quoted as saying, “if you help men, you help the world.” She believes the work being done through The SFE and other like-minded collectives to focus on the mental, spiritual and physiological growth of people today will make radical, positive shifts in the future of humanity.
L. Montgomery is an independent filmmaker, photographer, writer and committed storyteller, who deeply believes in the power of perspective to change the world. From the written word to the frozen frame – he is driven to capture and create that which might give us hope, insight, and a better future. Since childhood, he has had a burning passion for world travel, philosophy, and a good
In 2015, Montgomery formed a family business, The Montgomery Picture, specializing in the creation of cutting edge content for businesses, brands, artists, and athletes. His talented and loving family is, and always will be, his devotion and love #1 – Montgomery graduated from Queen’s University with a degree in Film & Media and Philosophy, and has since embarked on creative adventures at home and abroad. Behind the lens, he has worked in the prison system, national parks, international aid NGOs, tourism boards, industry productions, and more.
Leadership values, personal growth, mental health empowerment, and dissatisfaction with the status quo are just a few of the interests motivating Montgomery to work with The SFE now to capture and spark world change one human being at a time.
Author, speaker, former Navy SEAL
Rick is an author, speaker, and educator who specializes in helping individuals and organizations understand themselves better so that they can; increase performance, find meaning in their work and build a life that is in alignment with their ultimate goals. As a former member of the Naval special operations community as well as an ultra-endurance athlete, Rick crafts content to help lead people through adversity and into a life of meaning.
Rick has not only passed multiple rigorous special forces selection programs with attrition rates as high as 78% but also served on the cadre for the Naval Special Warfare Orientation course which saw as many as 2500 candidates per year try their hand at the hardest selection program in the world.
Rick served as an instructor, a counselor, and in many cases, a mentor for the students looking to become a Navy SEAL or SWCC.
Speaker, Leadership Advisor, US Marine
Aaron Guyett seeks to serve, teach, and develop leaders of leaders at all levels, and for all teams and organizations. His servant-leadership style combined with his life experiences, gives him a vantage point that allows for deep insights and transformative actions that are unparalleled in the military, fitness, and corporate environments. He is a Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps Reserves. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Business Management and a Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership. He holds countless certifications for the fitness industry, notably he is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with NSCA, a Functional Range Conditioning mobility specialist, and a Functional Range Assessment specialist.
- Chief Physical Strategist for The Process, The Trials, and The Special Forces Experience
- Education Director for Living.Fit
- Chief Instructor for Mobilization Training Battalion in the Marine Corps, School of Infantry
- Creates and Lead the Curriculum and Process for Team building, Leadership Development, Tactical Skills, and Strategic Planning for 2,200 Marines and Marine Leaders as the Chief Instructor of Mobilization Training Battalion
- Coordinated and Developed Highly Kinetic Responses to Active Shooter Scenarios with Border Patrol and Mobilization Training Battalion
- Developed and Taught Leadership and Interpersonal Development Scenarios with Wounded Warrior Project
- Designed the curriculum and culminating events for training Department of Homeland Security agents to improve their enhanced observations, behavior profiling, tracking, and navigating.
- Provided Physical and Mental Training for 120 Marine Corps Recruited Poolees and the Marine Recruiters
- Provided Physical, Mental, Leadership, and Teamwork Development for the 40 employees of Alkemist Labs over the course of two years
- Developed and Led 4 Leadership Development and Team Development Events Called the Commando Course, for over 80 people and 9 Different Teams
- Created, Developed and sold two successful fitness businesses. One in-person and one virtual/online.
- He is consistently growing and developing the revenue, value, and following of Living.Fit
- Certified over 3000 individuals with Battle Ropes and Metabolic Pathway conditioning.
- His passion is being a loving husband, father, servant-leader of leaders, and philosophy student.
Father, Educator, Sportsman
To wit, McMaster has had a thrilling life traveling the globe working as an educator. He’s currently a college professor, corporate team trainer, and real estate investor yet his number one priority is being the best husband and father he can be. As a Master Freemason, he’s a role model for their virtues of Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth.
He personally believes his God to be the Great Out Doors and finds his spirit is most connected when snowboarding, fishing, trail-blazing, and motorcycling. “Life is busy with a full-time job and 2 young kids, but I make sure I have time for the Great Out Doors. It’s revitalizing, decompressing and a spiritual experience I wish more men would make time for.”
Working long days in the hay fields as a boy with his grandfather, uncles, and cousins gave him strength, endurance, and tenacity. His sporting endeavors presented discipline, respect, and teamwork. His formal education and his act of teaching taught him open-mindedness,problem-solving and leadership abilities. Today, he strives to impart the attributes that have made his mark to his children, students, and clients so they can all make massive positive changes in their communities.
Jenn McMaster is a health promotion specialist who works with individuals, organizations and communities to conduct needs assessments, plan, implement and evaluate health and wellbeing in a holistic manner.
McMaster has the gift of illuminating the strengths of people around her. And identifying how their weaknesses can be their greatest points of growth. The ability to shine light on the characteristics/qualities and strengths of individuals when they themselves are blind to them helps them stay steady on the course of change.
Identifying the appropriate pieces and parts to change and how to change them and evaluate what is and isn’t serving us requires objectivity, reflection and effort. She’s committed to the belief that anyone can change although not everyone will. What is familiar is comfortable, regardless of how much it no longer serves us. Trusting in the first step to acquiring the tools to keep you on the path of growth and achievement requires skills that few individuals will ever possess.
She states that co-parenting and co-creating a world with her two children has been one of her greatest honours, challenges and joys. She’s committed to herself, her family, and the communities she can touch to change and adapt, anticipating the unknown.
- Corporate and Community Well Being Consultant
- Certified Language Coach
- Certificate in Holistic Nutrition
- Registered Kinesiologist
- Health Promotion Program Specialist
- MA Health Promotion (Thesis: Organizational Change Management
Father, Speaker, Recreation Therapist
Benson Coulson is a Recreation Therapist and the founder of Be RT. He is a powerful public speaker, advocate, and facilitator. Benson founded Be RT in order to serve those struggling with mental health or other ailments and challenges. He uses the power of thought counseling, adventure, and mindfulness to help individuals actively engage in their strengths in interests to improve health and well being.
Integrative Embodiment Coach
Dr. Danielle McGinnis is a Doctor of Physical Therapy turned integrative embodiment coach. She is currently in the PhD program for Depth Psychology and a student of Somatic Experiencing. She is an empath at heart with a deep desire to help others merge the brain, body, and spirit. Dr. McGinnis specializes in helping people reclaim their power and connect more deeply with their bodies and spirits. She bridges psychology and physiology in her teachings and coaching practices.
Human Optimization Specialist with a focus on Physiologic Flexibility
Dr. Mike T. Nelson has spent 20 years of his life learning how the human body works, specifically focusing on how to properly condition it to burn fat and become stronger, more flexible, and healthier.
He’s been called in to share his techniques with top government agencies. The techniques he’s developed and the results Mike gets for his clients have been featured in international magazines, in scientific publications, and on websites across the globe.
- Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology
- M.S. in Biomechanics
- B.A. in Natural Science
- Professor of Human Performance at the Carrick Insitute of Functional Neurology
- Adjunct Professor and member of American Colledge of Sports Medicine
Human Optimization Specialist with a focus on Chiropractic
Dr. Pankow’s professional focus is on making the best even better. He quickly found himself working with some of the world’s top-performing special forces individuals, police, and athletes. Dr. Pankow currently owns two clinics in the Ottawa area and speaks publicly about health, wellness, and mindfulness.
Through Applied Kinesiology, Dr. Pankow combines his chiropractic background with eastern medicine, nutrition, osteopathy, physiology and emotional recall to address client’s structural, chemical, and emotional components to their health and performance.
Outside of his clinical hours, Dr. Pankow spends his time furthering his education in the human potential; across many forms of physical fitness, climbing, rugby, mental fitness and resiliency, and his own challenging endeavors.
Head of Analysis
Former NHL athlete, Father
Bio coming soon.
Former NHL athlete, Father
Bio coming soon.
Wild life expert, personal trainer
Bio coming soon.
Bio coming soon.